Sara Cooper was an entrepreneur, (chef, marketing professional, and realtor), the President of Cooper Creative Group, and a member of Christine's Hope for Kids and Hope Loves Company Board of Directors. Sara loved animals, the color pink and her nephews Keel and Henry. Keel Cooper, age 12, passed away unexpectedly on June 21, 2020 - exactly one year before Sara lost her battle with ALS. This unique scholarship has been established in memory of both Sara and Keel. Both were deeply committed to animals and causes which encourage respect and inclusion while making the world a better place. Their compassion, empathy, and determination to make everyone feel appreciated and special was paramount. With this scholarship, their lives will continue to bring kindness and comfort to children who love or have lost someone to ALS.
This community service scholarship is open to students whose lives have been affected by ALS and who have demonstrated strength of character through volunteering and community service.
- Must have a direct ALS connection
- Can be a high school graduate attending an accredited 2- or 4-year university, trade school program, or similar
- Can be a private, middle, or high school student
- Must email us (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) a copy of a college acceptance letter or college transcript (as proof of education) or current enrollment in a private school
- Must submit an essay (Please see requirements listed below)
Applications and all attachments are due no later than 11:59 PM EST on October 31st.